What is MoV?
Management of Value (MoV) is a collection of good practice in value management. Value management as a discipline has been in existence for over 60 years. It’s origins were in manufacturing during the Second World War, when industry had to find ways to produce more with fewer resources. Value management covers the related fields of value analysis and value engineering.
MoV aims to:
- provide industry referenced standards
- provide a framework of best practice principles and concepts drawn from latest experiences and proven practice
- enable practitioners to adapt the guidance to real life situations
- be accessible by teams and organisations as well as by individual practitioners.
- help practitioners improve their decision making and to become better at implementing beneficial change
- enable individuals to demonstrate their level of knowledge and understanding of the each product by obtaining a globally recognised qualification.
What are the benefits of using MoV?
- There are no fees or charges to use MoV
- It is an internationally recognised value engineering method
- It incorporates approaches to Value Management already in use in many countries and industries
- It is a process-based approach to value engineering
- It provides a structured organisational framework
- It supports control and direction at appropriate levels of authority
- It provides a consistent, methodical and controlled approach to management of value
- It is a flexible method that can be tailored to suit the scale and complexity of any organisation
- It encapsulates Good Practice in Value Management, and is refreshed every three or four years.
Do I/we need MoV?
Let us answer this question by asking some questions?
- Do you struggle to understand the value for money proposition of a project or programme?
- Do you wonder whether there might be better solutions to your problems or concerns?
- Have you been asked to reduce the cost of a product or service without reducing its efficacy?
- Do you have to evaluate alternative proposals which are like comparing chalk and cheese?
- Do you need to take a product or service to the next level, but don’t know how to work out what combination of options will yield the best value for owner and user alike?
If you answered yes to one or more of these questions then you will benefit from the use of MoV.
What is an Accredited Training Organisation (ATO)
Only ATOs can offer accredited training in MoV.
All MoV Accredited Training Organisations are required to undergo a rigorous accreditation process to ensure that the quality of training materials and trainers is in keeping with MoV requirements as defined by APM Group. Course materials are regularly reviewed and re-assessed by APMG approved assessors.
All Goal trainers have undergone the MoV Trainer accreditation procedure. This involved successfully passing the Practitioner Examination at Trainer level, and undergoing an assessment by an MoV Assessor appointed by the international accreditation body for MoV, the Association for Project Management Group (APM Group). All MoV trainers are assessed every year and re-accredited every three years.
Where do I go if I still require further information?
Also here are some other key contacts on the Web:
Please contact APMG Australasia to arrange this on (02) 6249 6008, email them at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit their website www.apmg-australasia.com.
The governing body for MSP worldwide, they look after accreditation, exams and licensing of MSP. Telephone: +44 (0)1494 452 450 or visit their Web site at www.apmgroup.co.uk.
The Stationery Office own the copyright to the MSP Manual and other supporting documents. They can be contacted at www.tso.co.uk.
The Institute of Value Management Australia is the professional association of value management professionals in Australia. Their website is www.value-management.com.au.
The Institute of Value Management is the professional association of value management professionals in the UK. Their website is www.ivm.org.uk.
The Society of American Value Engineers is an international professional institute focussed on value engineering, which for historical reasons is the term used in the USA to cover value management. Their website is www.value-eng.org.
The Canadian Society of Value Analysis is the professional association of value management professionals in Australia. Their website is www.scav-csva.org.
MoV® is a Registered Trade Mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.