Quality Management, Compliance & Business Process Improvement
Maintaining a high and consistent level of excellency is intrinsic to any business’ success. Goal Group Australia’s team of highly qualified professionals can work within your organisation to ensure the quality level of your products or services never falls below the highest of standards.
We specialise in quality management and compliance consultancy within the defence and government sectors, which means that our team thoroughly understands the technical processes and standards involved in working with Australia Defence as well as multiple government organisations spanning a number of industries.
Export Control Compliance
Australia and the United States have a long-standing history of trade relations. Goal Group Australia is well versed in the compliance standards and requirements of import and export deals between the two nations.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Export Administration Regulations (EAR), are export control regulations set out by the United States government. These regulations ensure that defence related technologies do not find their way into the wrong hands.
In addition to being able to provide consultancy services related to government compliance, Goal Group Australia has developed four workshops to assist organisations in understanding and applying defence department compliance:
Quality Management Services
Goal group Australia offers consultancy services to the defence, government and corporate sectors. Working within these sectors, we are able to work with your existing team to fill in any gaps that may arise and thereby prevent a decline in the quality of your organisation’s products and services.
Goal Group Quality Management consultants are current Business Growth, Entrepreneurs Program and CDIC Consultants. They have Industry and Government experience includes Defence (RAAF, RAN, Army Quality and Lean Improvement Strategies Nationally; Thales); Building and Construction; Food / Printing and Packaging; Medical and Pharmaceutical; Manufacturing – Complex, Advanced and High Speed Processing (25%+ productivity, 98.5%+ DIFOT and 99.5% quality), Mining Engineering Technical Services (Aluminium, Copper, Coal, Magnesium, Nickel, Steel-making, Zinc); Infrastructure (Airports, Bulk Handling Terminals, Ports, Freight and Passenger Rail Transport); Finance, Insurance and Banking.
Our principal consultant Michael McLean is a thought leader in transformance – the alignment of strategic, tactical and operational plans to unlock transformational performance at every level of an organisation. His passion is to help organisations achieve the holy grail of both stakeholder satisfaction and the highest possible levels of return on investment.
Goal Group member Certex provides auditing services to businesses across Australia and New Zealand. Certex has been growing offerings to include business assessments in key areas of weakness we observe in the market. Smaller, cheaper and easier than full certification, the business assessments and iSuite Program are a strong portfolio and check for your business to make sure you’re compliant and are overserving your legal obligations. Certex is accredited with JAS-ANZ to provide certification services for AS/NZS ISO 9001 Quality Management, AS/NZS 4801 Occupational Health and Safety and AS/NZS ISO 14001 Environmental Management. They also offer certification in industry standards including the Talent Engagement Standard, the Massage and Myotherapy Standard, and various industry specific standards such as for NSW Health and Victoria Health.
- Quality Management Standard (AS/NZS ISO 9001)
- Occupational Health & Safety Standard (AS/NZS 4801)
- Occupation Health and Safety Management (BS OHSAS 18001)
- Environmental Management Standard (AS/NZS ISO 14001)
- Employment Screening (AS 4811)
- Talent Engagement Standard (TES)
- Massage & Myotherapy Standard
- Standard and Conditions for the Provision of Locum Medical Officers to the NSW Health Services
- Standards and Compliance Framework of the Invitation to Supply Medical Locum Agency Services, Health Purchasing Victoria
- RCSA Service Delivery Standard (RCSA SDS)
We can offer three levels of assessments:
- Business Verification Review – high level check
- iSuite Risk Management Program – short onsite assessments
- Certification Services – audits and ongoing certification program with certificates.
Business Verification Review (BVR)
This is a one-hour telephone interview to check the basic requirements for an Australian business are in place, such as business registration, mandatory policies, safety practices and employee management practices. Labour hire agencies can submit the BVR report as supporting evidence in the application for a Labour Hire License. It gives an excellent indication of compliance issues that may exist in your business.
iSuite Risk Management Services
The iSuite assessments are 2 hour gap analysis/assessments against legislative requirements and industry best practice. Unlike the Business Verification Review (BVR), these assessments are conducted onsite and are evidenced based, that is both documents and records of practices need to be sighted. These assessments can be structured to address a selected part of your business, but we have identified four areas where compliance is commonly problematic:
- iSafe – assesses your safety management systems, documents and records, and includes a safety inspection of your workplace. This also includes assessments conducted at host client sites on behalf of labour hire agencies.
- iPrivacy – identifies the privacy and data security requirements of your business, and the documentation and practices in place to manage these.
- iEngage – reviews the arrangements with employees and contractors, including contracts, remuneration and entitlements, and checks records are retained.
- iWork – checks employees, and in some instances contractors, have the right to work and that work is carried out in accordance with visas.
Talent Engagement Standard
Certex has developed this standard as a compliance tool to assist Australian businesses and employers check they comply with their statutory obligations. The standard includes 7 modules – Recruitment, Talent Management, Employment and Contract Practices, Right to Work, Privacy, Safety and Quality. Assessment can be conducted as once off risk evaluations, or certification may be obtained with ongoing surveillance audits.